A little frenchy, who wanna make gorgeous cookies

Joined Dec 15, 2020
Hi,
I'm French, living in the south of the country, and I'm thinking of opening a cookie shop. 🍪🍪
My family tells me that my cookies are the best in the world (my family loves me 😉😉), but if I open a shop, I have to think differently.
I have to think about how i make cookies.

I've read a lot of great things on this forum, about ovens to make cookies, discussions about convection electric ovens, about deck ovens...
I think at the beginning, that i'll take a convection electric oven like this:
maybe, i'll go for a deck oven in a few years ;-)

I would like to ask you what do you think, about the way to knead the dough : by hand? with a pastry robot? with a kneader?

thanks in advance for your answers :)

Joined Sep 17, 2018
Hi,
I'm French, living in the south of the country, and I'm thinking of opening a cookie shop. 🍪🍪
My family tells me that my cookies are the best in the world (my family loves me 😉😉), but if I open a shop, I have to think differently.
I have to think about how i make cookies.

I've read a lot of great things on this forum, about ovens to make cookies, discussions about convection electric ovens, about deck ovens...
I think at the beginning, that i'll take a convection electric oven like this:
[/URL]
maybe, i'll go for a deck oven in a few years ;-)

I would like to ask you what do you think, about the way to knead the dough : by hand? with a pastry robot? with a kneader?

thanks in advance for your answers :)
You're going to want to use mechanical means if you are running a sustainable buisiness.

Joined Nov 9, 2020
Baking professionally is a lot different than baking for friends and family. Definitely get some experience in a commercial shop before you decide to strike out on your own - you will learn things that as an employee are simple mistakes that if it was you and your shop could be the death knell of your fledgling bakery. Also your entire production and batches commercially will be far different from cooking in a home kitchen, and even then, you have to have a market to sell your goods.

Good luck, and Joyeux Noël !

Joined Sep 17, 2018
Also your entire production and batches commercially will be far different from cooking in a home kitchen

Exactly, for whatever reason some great recipes simply do not scale properly. I have a great recipe for an apple pie, but when I scaled it one year to make a bunch it turned out poorly. Don't know why.

Joined Jul 25, 2020
Baking professionally is a lot different than baking for friends and family. Definitely get some experience in a commercial shop before you decide to strike out on your own - you will learn things that as an employee are simple mistakes that if it was you and your shop could be the death knell of your fledgling bakery. Also your entire production and batches commercially will be far different from cooking in a home kitchen, and even then, you have to have a market to sell your goods.

Good luck, and Joyeux Noël !
i definately learn the hard way by not working first in a shop. I am paying the price. . For instance one mistake that could be avoid it by making it before in a shop cost me my entire dough to throw away . lots of time and money if going without being in a shop before.

Top Bottom