A Hello from the Carolinas

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by yaten, Jul 22, 2004.

1. yaten

yaten

This is rather interesting. ^_^ I was just doing some research for a project and happened upon this forum! What A find! I have decided to hang out for a while.

Anyhoo... introductions... introductions. My real name is Amy, but many of my friends call me yaten due to my fandom for an animated character by the same name. Anyone here is free to do the same... or you may call me by my real name if you wish.

I hail from Rock Hill, South Carolina, which is just over the SC border, coming from the north. It is almost direcly South, and only about 15 minutes away, from Charlotte, NC. ^_~ Until a year ago, i lived in Michigan all my life... so i'm a northern girl, born and raised, and am just getting used to southern living.

Anyhow... I'm 21 years old and currently attending the Art Institute of Charlotte, in the Culinary Arts program. I've only been there for about six months, but I'm really enjoying everything that I've been doing, and am glad to finally be in a program that I love.

Well, that's all I can think of to say about myself. ^_^ I hope to learn some things here, make some friends, and engage in some interesting conversation, relevant to my choice of career.

2. tenthstep

tenthstep

It is a great site, I myself just joined up. What was the project you were researching?

3. yaten

yaten

I was simply looking up information on Madeleine Kamman and her ideas of the "holy trinity". Searching for the phrase I did on google, I only got two results, one of them being a thread within this forum.

4. tenthstep

tenthstep

Groovy, I actually hadn't heard of Madeline Kamman before, but hey, now I have. Are you taking classes throughout the summer? If so, that seems odd, but it could be my Canadian viewpoint of "enjoy the 2.5 months of summer while they last". Meh.

5. yaten

yaten

actually, at the Art Institute i attend (not sure if it's true for all AIs) the school year is set up in quarters rather than semesters. So there are four quarters a year, each lasting only about 2.5 months. Anyhoo, after each quarter we get breaks that last anywhere from one week to three weeks. Apparently, a lot of people like to take the summer quarter off.(which goes from around July 11th to September 20th) I just have chosen not to, because I'd rather get done with school and get a real job out in the field. ^_^

6. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, Amy!

If you have researched Madeleine Kamman, you might be interested to know that one of our long-time members, Cape Chef, studied with her. He may have some interesting insights. He recently became a teacher in a culinary school, so his persepctive could be especially helpful to you.

I hope you enjoy this wonderful place! Good luck with your culinary training.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna