A good pan/pots set to but from amazon.uk?

Joined Jun 6, 2017
Hey there!

I'm planning on making a purchase at amazon uk because they have international shipping with prepaid taxes on a lot of products, which helps not being ripped off by customs here in south america.

I have an aluminium pan and a big pot of the same material, both are to thin on the bottom and got deformed and use to burn the ingredients I put in them.

So I wanted to take this opportunity to buy a nice set of pans, pots, and such.

Also a couple of other cool things like cast iron stuff and even considering buying a souce vide circulator.

So, can anyone recommend good quality things to buy from that site?

I won't ask you to check if it have international shipping, I'll check it myself, just give me some hints on what to look for (brands, types, specs).

Sadly, looks like anything edible is not available to ship with this method so let's keep it to utensils, gadgets and such :)

Right now my basket looks like this:

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UKPBXM4

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0009JKG9M

Thanks for any input you can provide!

Joined Sep 27, 2017
This is good solid cookware and the price is right. There are a lot of Facebook pages in the US concerning Cast Iron Cooking and how to care for it...seasoning etc. I use certain pieces every day. Don't ever buy cookware that is pure aluminum as it makes food taste tinny and will burn as will stainless steel that has zero heat transfer so again burns everything. All Clad (u.s.) or Mauviel (France) have great cookware that it thick aluminum (for great heat transfer and that is lined in stainless steel which protects against the tinny taste of aluminum. I would buy a 2 or 2 1/2 quart sauce pan with no extra side handle as it's light and a 4 - 4 1/2 qt saucepan with a side handle as that one gets heavy when filled with water and potatoes, veggies etc. The smaller one is used for so many things...sauces, rice, hot cereals, reducing stocks for meat sauces, reducing sugars for hard crack sugar recipes., cooking veggies...The 2 saucepans are not cheap but will last a lifetime. I am a retired chef.

Joined Jun 6, 2017
This is good solid cookware and the price is right. There are a lot of Facebook pages in the US concerning Cast Iron Cooking and how to care for it...seasoning etc. I use certain pieces every day. Don't ever buy cookware that is pure aluminum as it makes food taste tinny and will burn as will stainless steel that has zero heat transfer so again burns everything. All Clad (u.s.) or Mauviel (France) have great cookware that it thick aluminum (for great heat transfer and that is lined in stainless steel which protects against the tinny taste of aluminum. I would buy a 2 or 2 1/2 quart sauce pan with no extra side handle as it's light and a 4 - 4 1/2 qt saucepan with a side handle as that one gets heavy when filled with water and potatoes, veggies etc. The smaller one is used for so many things...sauces, rice, hot cereals, reducing stocks for meat sauces, reducing sugars for hard crack sugar recipes., cooking veggies...The 2 saucepans are not cheap but will last a lifetime. I am a retired chef.

Awesome advice, much appreciated! I'll look the site for saucepans on those measures and those materials and put then back here in case I have any further doubts.

About the cast irons, I'm totally sold on those, I'm sure they will literally last me for a lifetime.

Lastly, any recommendations (brands, materials specs) on sauteurs or similar tools to make preparations like risottos?

Once again thanks a lot!

Joined Sep 15, 2017
My main pots are magnalite professionals. They don’t make them any more. Wouldn’t trade them for anything. Also have complete sets of cast iron, enameld cast iron, and copper. Depends on what I am cooking.

Joined Sep 15, 2017
I bought a huge set of no name enameled cast iron for about $300 US about 5 years ago. Check their website from time to time to see about new stuff. They have been great for about a 10 of the cost of the others. The weight was 250 lbs. I got pots, skillets, roasting pans. I will post the website when I find it.

Joined Jun 6, 2017
I bought a huge set of no name enameled cast iron for about $300 US about 5 years ago. Check their website from time to time to see about new stuff. They have been great for about a 10 of the cost of the others. The weight was 250 lbs. I got pots, skillets, roasting pans. I will post the website when I find it.

Don't worry, 250lbs sounds like I'm gonna have some trouble with customs here (anything past 100lbs or 1k usd will have additional restrictions)...

I found these:

www.amazon.co.uk/Tower-T81212-Cerastone-Coating-Graphite/dp/B011O7ILT4

www.amazon.co.uk/Tower-T81242-Cerastone-Coating-Graphite/dp/B01434RW9A

Looks like they are pretty cool and for a nice price

Joined Sep 15, 2017
Emeril Lagasse has some nice pots. Stainless steel, good weight. I gave a set to my niece for her wedding. I preferred those to the set I bought my nephew when he got married. Calphon something or another. It was what they registered for. I found them a bigger set for a lower price online instead of BB&B.

Joined Sep 15, 2017
As a matter of fact, she just wanted pots. I picked what kind. She didn’t cook. When she divorced the little shit, I made sure she got the pots. Her second husband went to culinary school, and loves them.

Joined Jun 6, 2017
Emeril Lagasse has some nice pots. Stainless steel, good weight. I gave a set to my niece for her wedding. I preferred those to the set I bought my nephew when he got married. Calphon something or another. It was what they registered for. I found them a bigger set for a lower price online instead of BB&B.

Thanks for the info, I'll check for them on the site. Also I like emeril, he's a nice guy, used to watch one of his shows

Joined Sep 15, 2017
We use to ride next to each other in Endymion, and our tables were next to each other for Extravaganza after the parade. He is a nice guy.

Joined Sep 15, 2017
See attached. With my wife and I after one of the parades.

Attachments

• BA0D78D8-CFDC-4A09-94FE-E39F40C858CA.jpeg
    BA0D78D8-CFDC-4A09-94FE-E39F40C858CA.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom