A good / inexpensive source to buy organic Jasmine rice?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by french fries, Feb 3, 2016.

1. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Anyone knows of a good source to buy organic Jasmine rice (up to 10 lbs at a time) online or near Los Angeles? The best I've found so far is $2/lbs: 

2. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Seems to me like that's the best price available out there, in fact even 25lbs bags are typically over $50... if anyone has a better source let me know. 

3. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Well I ended up buying the one I linked to but now that it's time to re-purchase, the price has gone up more than double!!!

So the question is coming back - any good source for organic rice? Thanks!

4. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    I buy in a local Indian food and grocery store. I haven't checked the price lately but in The past it always eat the pants if anyone else.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  5. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks Brian, I'll have to check the local stores again, but at least the Thai store where I go on a regular basis doesn't carry anything organic. 

I have to say, English is not my first language, but I have absolutely zero idea what this sentence means???

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  6. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Yes, language is a challenge in many ethnic shops. Indian stores because of language diversity. That is especially evident when buying spices. I often hang around until a younger person is seen, even a customer, to ask. Often they are more multi- lingual.

Organic is nonexistent in many ethnic for store my experience. I think it is due in part by the history of eating for survival than eating healthy.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  7. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    I meant your sentence. The one I quoted. 

8. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Oh dear God... Thanks spelling corrector and my failure to proof read. That should be " beat the pants". But now that we're talking, neither seems to have anything I injoy doing or seeing!

9. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hahaha.... well at least I just learned a new idiom... "beat the pants"... never heard that one before. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

10. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    That means: is a lot better price.