A Crust Above

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by snakelady1, Oct 14, 2001.

1. snakelady1

snakelady1

Hi everyone I just wanted to update my progress on my bakery. Today I had 3 different companies dropping off equipment at my store. I hope to open my doors for business November 1. I have been so busy getting everything I hadn't realized that I hadn't updated my progress. Have been interviewing applicants for assistant bakers and donut fryers whew. I never realized how much paperwork goes into starting out:). I have one question about my sheeter.....it has different cutting dyes can it cut bagels or do I need a bagel former???:eek: :eek: :eek:

2. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Well, congratulations and the best of luck to you on your opening.
    I have always formed bagels. They really need to be rolled tight, I think. You can use some of those dyes to cut and portion if you don't have a dutchess. Keep us posted on your progress. As always, I make myself available to you for help, been there done that quite a few times, always ready to help.
    Jeff

3. isa

isa

Can't hardly wait to hear about your opening day Snakelady. Keep us posted!

Best of luck!!

4. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Best wishes, snakelady.:)

You must be very excited!!

5. kimmie

kimmie

Love the name...

6. snakelady1

snakelady1

WHEW!!!! What a week... didn't get to open on November 1, the construction wasn't done. Had our health inspection today and we can open our doors for business YIPEEEEE!!!!!!! (Which is very good as I have a catering order for Saturday) hehehehehe:blush: :blush: :blush:

7. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    THAT IS VEEERRRYY EXCITING NEWS!

I'm sure you won't have much time to check in with us, but next time you have a chance, please tell us all the details!!:)

Congratulations!

8. isa

isa

Fantastic!!

I have no doubt opening day will be a great success.