A Couple New Summer Dishes

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by chef torrie, Jul 1, 2013.

1. chef torrie

chef torrie

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Replacing some of our seasonal menu items with some new summer dishes. Let me know what ya think, good or bad. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

BALSAMIC BRAISED SHORT RIBS WITH GRILLED POLENTA CAKE, AND A Fennel, orange and tomato salad

GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN, spiced apple chutney, smashed sweet potatoes, wilted arugala.

MAUNTAUK BOUILLABAISSE, local cod, diver sea scallops, head on king prawn, prince Edward island mussels, little neck clams, tomato saffron broth.

Black Angus tenderloin, smuttynose porter demi, roasted garlic and Parmesan potato cake, grilled zucchini.

Pan seared diver sea scallops, lemon basil risotto, sundried tomatoes, aged balsamic drizzle.

Pan roasted salmon , fennel and mushroom slaw, roasted red bliss potatoes, mustard seed buerre blanc.

Slow roasted half duck, fresh berry chutney, Israeli cous cous, sweet potato wedge, duck demi.

2. someday

someday

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Apples and sweet potatoes are pretty out of season...

3. michaelga

michaelga

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    All of the above is said without knowing where you live and what the climate is like.

A few more details would help, a ton.

It is a very heavy menu overall - not exactly what I would associate with summer fair.  The short ribs, bouilliabase and roasted duck are right out of a fall / winter cook book.

You mention pan roasted salmon - but don't say how the tenderloin is cooked?

Seared scallops are great - risotto in the summer not so much...

Hope I don't offend! 

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  4. chef torrie

chef torrie

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    No offense at all. We switch twice a year not really a spring summer fall winter 4 season thing. We run our changeable items august-jan and feb-july. So this wouldn't be starting until next month. Thanks again! Not into the theory of most summer foods. Was more trying to bring some lighter flavours to some otherwise heavy food. Back to the drawing board I suppose!