A cooking dream

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by phatch, Sep 29, 2005.

1. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Following a set of Jackie Chan dreams, I shifted into a food dream. I was cooking with Graham Kerr, Michelle Yeoh(asian stunt actress) and someone else. In the dream Michelle was had been working at some high end asian restaurants before being discovered for acting and she was teaching us this dish.

We were working on plastic cutting boards. Slice a peeled cucumber, dot in a circle with black sesame seeds. Slice a radish thinly (not a daikon as it had the bright red-purple skin) and place on top of the cucumber so the sesame seeds are just barely visible through the radish. One slice of radish completely covered the cucumber so they were big radishes. Spinkle very lightly with a bit of granulated sugar.

Now it gets weirder. There were those quartz halogen burners under our cutting boards. We turned them on, and with a hint of oil, would quickly heat the sugared radish side to melt the sugar and turn the radish translucent, but pick up no color. All on plastic cutting boards.

It was a pretty dish in my dream. Taste was in the line of a sweet and hot asian thing but with the heat more like wasabi than chile. With the sugar and cool juiciness of the cucumber it reminded me of sushi some how.

I don't like radishes. I don't think it would taste like it did in my dream, but it was a fun dream.

Phil

2. 100folds

100folds

that's hilarious. What on earth brought that about? what did you have to eat before you went to bed?
    I have dreams all the times about dishes. Mostly desserts, but not nearly as strange.

3. henry

henry

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I have a re-occuring dream where I eat a lot of salt-and-vinegar potato chips, and I'm thinking that I should stop because of the fat content, then I realize it's a dream, and I continue. I always wake up with dry mouth.

I had that dream last night, along with one where my 18 year old son twisted the blade on my santoku.

4. hipjoint

hipjoint

the weirdest dream i had was dreaming that i was on one of my many
    camping trips and around the campfire with some good friends we were
    roasting and eating the absolutely BIGGEST marshmallows in the world!
    took me all night to eat one!!

then when i woke up in the morning my pillow was missing.