A Chefs Comfort Food after a long week.

Joined Feb 8, 2009
When I worked long hours in the kitchen I would never eat. If I was Catering, you're busy getting ready, then doing the party, then coming back and cleaning up. The front line is the same, Your prepping, then your on your way to a busy night. When you're a Chef you can eat anything you want. The problem was for me it's was never on the menu. I wanted food like this.....Good old fashion home cooked meals.......Most of the time these happened on my days off. But things like Hot Beef Sands, leftover Stuffed cabbage could be had.......What is your home cooked comfort food that makes you feel good after a long week ???????? C7FF6B3A-4907-47AA-884B-FCE5E1872586.jpeg C5624384-FBF2-45A5-B113-01F8C283F9D6.jpeg

Joined Nov 9, 2020
Homemade pasta with either some sort of off-menu sauce (I prefer pollo pesto) or a cacciatore, sliced fresh tomatoes and mozzarella, and a glass of good, homestyle red wine, slab of bread and olive oil. To me that screams "home". Likewise, anything that is NOT on the menu. Stuffed bells with ground duck or venison works. Beef or buffalo shepards pie. Bottom line is it can't smell or taste like work.

Joined Dec 19, 2014
When I worked long hours in the kitchen I would never eat. If I was Catering, you're busy getting ready, then doing the party, then coming back and cleaning up. The front line is the same, Your prepping, then your on your way to a busy night. When you're a Chef you can eat anything you want. The problem was for me it's was never on the menu. I wanted food like this.....Good old fashion home cooked meals.......Most of the time these happened on my days off. But things like Hot Beef Sands, leftover Stuffed cabbage could be had.......What is your home cooked comfort food that makes you feel good after a long week ???????? View attachment 69047 View attachment 69048

Dayum, that first dish looks jummy!

Joined Nov 15, 2020
I work in a high end kitchen as a sous. After cooking and tasting (often) some of the fancy stuff, i go home and cook burgers and fried potatoes or mac n cheese. Simple fare for me

Joined Dec 23, 2004
I eat a keto diet so my idea of comfort foods maybe is a little different. A burger is something I really appreciate especially with a low carb bun. Chili is another big favorite of mine. Honestly just a good steak cooked medium rare with some sea salt is one of my favorite things to eat.

Top Bottom