A can of tuna

Joined Aug 21, 2004
Did you make it? What are Angostura?
No I have not made it, I lived through the food of 1964 but without a lot of sentimental warm fuzzy feelings for it. I was intrigued by a culinary use of Angostura bitters (an herbal alcohol preparation) which I know of as a bar ingredient for Manhattans, Old Fashioneds, and Champagne Cocktails; to list a few. I couldn't think of any instances where it is used in culinary applications, although had no reason to see why not; and that is what got my curiousity train rolling (especially the part about tuna noodle casserole :wow:). My mental memory palate had trouble putting the two together, so off I went to google land.

Joined Nov 10, 2017
No I have not made it, I lived through the food of 1964 but without a lot of sentimental warm fuzzy feelings for it. I was intrigued by a culinary use of Angostura bitters (an herbal alcohol preparation) which I know of as a bar ingredient for Manhattans, Old Fashioneds, and Champagne Cocktails; to list a few. I couldn't think of any instances where it is used in culinary applications, although had no reason to see why not; and that is what got my curiousity train rolling (especially the part about tuna noodle casserole :wow:). My mental memory palate had trouble putting the two together, so off I went to google land.
I use bitters in a few things, several different marinades and brines, but primarily in my garlic butter recipe. Helps highlight many of the other flavors, especially the brandy.

Top Bottom