A Cambece X-Mas

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by acambece, Dec 6, 2005.

1. acambece

acambece

Exp:
    At home cook
    What is a Good diner to serve for X-mas. I told my mother i was going to cook for Christmas and I have no clue what to do. i can cook lots of good stuff, I just don’t really like traditional things.
    :eek:

Cambece

2. nentony

nentony

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I got to thinking about that, I guess it has something to do with location and backround. My Dad is Cuban, on his side of the family it's a marinated fresh ham, black beans and rice, Yuca, platanos, and a salad. My Moms family is of Slavish decent. to them it's mushroom soup, pierogi, keilbasa, etc. My best buddy is Italian, they cook everything they know how to, LOL. They have to reinforce the table to hold it all!. This year I'm hosting, and I'm making Paella. Lots of people make turkey or ham.
    Sorry, I know I haven't helped. It's interesting thinking about traditions though.

Tony

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    What is traditional for your family? Are there local ingredients that are plentiful just now? What is your level of skill?

These are some of the factors to think about as well.

4. acambece

acambece

Exp:
    At home cook
    I come from an Italian background, almost every year we have ham, and I don’t like ham. I have a good cooking background 5 years in a kitchen doing various things as well as culinary arts in school and home cooking when I get hungry or take a girl home with me. I just don’t know what’s right for Christmas, I know turkey for thanksgiving, but Christmas was never explained to me. It seems like the holidays are different for everyone (since everyone comes from different religious backgrounds). so I want to try and surprise my family with something new and different I just don’t want them to think I’m crazy serving something I love to eat like chili and steaks, pot roast seems like it might work.

Thanks for reading my post

Cambece

5. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    This is more a Christmas Eve thing, but there is an Italian tradition of a dinner of multiple fish and seafood dishes (anybody remember how many? 12, I think?). How would your family take to that?