650 year old dining room ;-)

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by pembroke, Feb 17, 2010.

1. pembroke

pembroke

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I thought I'd test out the insert image tool as I couldn't get to grips with this on the old site. This is my dining room which we simply call The Hall. The college was built in 1347 so it's gotta be the oldest dining room on the site/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smiles.gif???
    Appologies if the image slows down the post.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    One of my children studied at St John's College.

I love Cambridge.

3. dc sunshine

dc sunshine

Exp:
    Other
    Wow - that is beautiful - very elegant.  We visited some very old cathedrals in Oxford - such an amazing feel of history and architectural beauty of bygone eras.

4. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    That is beautiful, Pembroke!  I'm surprised at the formality of the hall... when I was in college we had a cafeteria and a pub and both were utilitarian at best. 

5. pembroke

pembroke

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi Leeniek,

Cambridge and Oxford are not your 'usual' Universities. Ivy league in the US would be most similar I guess. We serve dinners almost every evening with this level of formaility. If you look at my food blog you'll see that most mornings (except weekends of course!LOL)
    I post photos and comments on the food we served the night before. My staff love this as it 'exhibits' their work; the students love it because they can see what they've missed, what they've eaten and the upcoming menus. Quite a few parents follow the blog to ensure their kids are being well looked after!LOL!/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

6. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    [​IMG][​IMG]Beautiful dining hall Pembroke,

Below are a couple of my school pictures.
    First is a portion of one of three dining halls. Each seat just over 200 & the second is a lunch I was setting up for 1000 on Saturday.

I don't think I have figured out the upload feature

7. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    PS,

Pembroke, Execellent blog!

8. pembroke

pembroke

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    [​IMG]

Thanks, my staff enjoy seeing their work on-line and the student find the site good fun. I'll have to post some photos of The Old Library which seats about 70, it's one of the original parts of the College and forms a section of the first court, next to the Porters Lodge and Gate House.