1st year student hudson county community college, NJ

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by erickl201, Nov 17, 2009.

1. erickl201

Hey everyone, my name is Erick, i`m currently attending my first year at hudson county community college in jersey city, nj in an associates degree program for culinary arts. Not really sure what exactly it is i wanna do in the restaurant industry, i do however know i want to gain experience in as many areas of the professional cooking industry as possible. I`v been looking for work lately but realizing people won`t even look at you unless you have 2-3 years professional experience, and some places even specify about nyc experience. if anyone reads this and lives near by or attends the same school dont hesitate to msg me i`d love to make some freinds in the undustry, even if its just 2 shoot the sh*t. I`m glad i found this forum, it seems like there are a lot of experienced and very knowledgable people, i kind of feel like i hit culinary forum pay dirty. looking forward to meeting everyone :)
  2. mezzaluna

Hello Erick and thank you for your introduction. Good luck with your education! Hard work and keeping your nose to the grindstone is the best asset you can have. It has to be frustrating to find work today, no matter what industry you are in.

This site has a great deal of information; the search tool will help you dig for it. Chef Talk has been here for 10 years, so there's a good deal of information to dig through. Besides the discussion forums, we have cooking articles, blogs, a photo gallery and much more. Enjoy it all!

Good luck to you,