1 lb slab of dry aged sirloin steak.. how do I cook it?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by i <3 vodka, Dec 7, 2009.

1. i <3 vodka

i <3 vodka

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I just picked it up at a local farmers' market the other day in frozen form.

It cost like $10, so I don't want to mess it up. I just put it in the fridge to start defrosting, but I don't know how to cook it to make the best of it. I don't have access to a grill, but do have access to microwave, regular oven, pans and a George Foreman grill.

Also, what should I put on it?

2. ed buchanan

ed buchanan

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Of all mentioned I would tend to use a heavy saute pan, and 10.00 for a pound of dry aged is cheap. I would not buy frozen beef IN PARTICULAR AT A FARMERS MARKET as I CANT REALLY DETERMINE QUALITY in a frozen state. or how they froze it and how long was it frozen, sorry.:chef:

3. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    There is no "best," only a universe of "wonderfuls." You've got the right equipment for a few of them, too.

I'd pan-broil (aka pan-roast) by searing the outside in a very hot pan, and cooking to done in the oven. Then use the fond in the pan to make a pan-reduction sauce.

Want a recipe?

BDL

4. rsteve

rsteve

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Once I saw the word microwave, the first thing that came to mind is..."Call a friend who knows how to cook!" Seriously, as suggested: sear each side and finish in the oven.