Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 quarts
- 8 ounces butter (no substitutes)
- 1 pound, 14 ounces brown sugar
- 16 fluid ounces Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 8 fluid ounces water
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated lime peel
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces chopped pecans, toasted
Combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, water and vodka in a large saucepan over medium heat. (Syrup will bubble up so make sure your pan is extra large). Stir constantly until butter is melted. Continue stirring until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir for 1 minute.
Remove from heat and stir in ginger, lime peel, vanilla and pecans.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Syrup can be stored for 2 weeks in refrigerator.
Copied with permission from our sponsors, Karo Foodservice: http://karofoodservice.com/recipe/Moscow-Mule-Pecan-Pie-Syrup
Sponsored Moscow Mule Pecan Pie Syrup
All the flavors of the popular cocktail in a versatile dessert sauce. Delicious served over ice cream, fresh gingerbread, pound cake, cheesecake...
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!