Learn how to:
- Add A New Culinary School To The Database
- Edit A Culinary School Description
- Add A New Image To A Culinary School Page
- Edit Specs
- Edit Links
- Edit A Culinary School Wiki
We do our best to add a good number of culinary schools, but undoubtedly we've missed a few. Thank you for your help in making the listings more complete!
- Click the "Add Item" Button. Once you're in your desired culinary school category, first check to make sure the product you want to add isn't there. If it's missing, look over at the top-right hand corner for the "Add Item" button.
- After you search for the product you would like to add, if it is not presented, scroll down to the bottom of the page to begin adding a product manually. Click the link that says "Add it manually."
- Double check the the appropriate category is selected (it should be, but it's always good to check twice). hit "Continue to step 2".
- Type in the name of the Manufacturer (Name of Culinary school). You will notice the display name name below will auto-populate with the manufacturer name.
- Add the appropriate display name. This should be a descriptive title that isn't too long. This is how the culinary school will be named (i.e. if manufacturer is Le Cordon Bleu and you attended the USA school you would would enter "Le Cordon Bleu - USA". If you look to the bottom of the page, the Verify box will auto-populate with existing products that are similar to the display name. Please check this area to make sure you're not adding a duplicate item.
- Add an image. This step allows you to add an image to your product page. Consider adding the school logo or a picture of the campus.
- Add a description of the culinary school. This can always be edited later. Try to make the description as objective as possible- You can add your thoughts on the product to a review.
- Verify one more time that the product isn't already in the system.
- Hit "Continue to Step 3."
- Add Manufacturer. Pick an existing Manufacturer from the list, or click "No here! Add My Manufacturer". Double check to make sure another alias isn't there for your manufacturer (For example, GM is an alias of General Motors).
- Add some links. Again, adding links is certainly not required, but if you know the culinary school's website off hand, it's helpful to add that in. Select the Type of link you are adding (e.g. Product or Manufacturer link). In the Link field, click the "Edit Link" button to enter the full URL. Make sure to add the "http://" before the URL.
- Finally, click the "Finished!" button. From this last page you've got a few options. You can view the page you just created, you can add another product from the same manufacturer, you can add the product to your Lists to say you own it, had it, or want it, or you can write a review.
Every culinary school is editable by a registered member of the community. This way, you can make sure your favorite culinary schools stay up to date.
- Navigate to the product you would like to edit.
- Toward the middle of the page, you will see the Product Description tab. Above the Description, there is an "Edit" button.
- Click "Edit" and alter the text as you see fit. (Additionally, you can click the History link to see all previous versions of the description.)
- Click "Save" to save your changes.
It's always fun to look at pictures. You have the option of adding additional images.
You can remove images or choose the primary image by clicking on any image- You'll see links at the bottom of the image viewer to do this.
- Navigate to the Product Page you would like to add images to.
- If the Product Page already has images, you will see a "Share Your Own Images" button underneath the Culinary Schools Image thumbnails. If the Product Page has no images, you will see a button that says "No additional images for this item. Upload your own." Click one of those buttons.
- The Image Tool will open. From here, you have a few choices. You can browse for images on your computer by clicking the "Browse" button. You can also edit the save name of the image in the field below.
- Click "Add" at the bottom of the tool to upload or add the image to the page.
- Navigate to the Culinary School you would like to edit.
- Click on the Specs/Details tab.
- To add a new row, click the "New Row" button at the top. This will add a row to the spec table where you can click to see all the Specs available and enter a new value. You can use the History link to see all previous versions of this list.
- To edit an existing spec, simply click to the "Value" field, edit the text or select something new from a drop down, and click Save.
- To delete a Spec, click the X at the right of the Spec row.
- Navigate to the Product Page you would like to edit.
- Click on the Links tab.
- To add a new row, click the "New Row" button at the top. This will add a row to the links table.
- Select the Type of link you are adding (e.g. Product or Manufacturer link). In the Link field, click the "Edit Link" button to enter the full URL. Make sure to add the "http://" before the URL. You can use the History link to see all previous versions of this list.
- To delete a link, click the X at the right hand side of the link.
- When you are finished, click "Save Changes."
The Culinary Wiki is a great place to add additional factual information about a Product, such as "How To's," videos, links to relevant blog posts, and more.
Got questions? Send a private message to @Nicko
- Navigate to the Culinary School Page you would like to edit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the Culinary School Wiki.
- Click the Edit button at the right hand side.
- After you click edit, the Wiki Editor will open. Feel free to add images or add YouTube videos. You can edit your post similarly to a Word document, with bold, underlined, or italicized text, embedded links, bullet points, and tables.
- Click "Save" when you're done editing.