Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 quarts
- 8 ounces butter (no substitutes)
- 1 pound, 14 ounces brown sugar
- 16 fluid ounces Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 16 fluid ounces water
- 1/2 cup cinnamon flavored whiskey
- 1 to 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces chopped pecans, toasted
Combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, water and whiskey in a large saucepan over medium heat. (Syrup will bubble up so make sure your pan is extra large). Stir constantly until butter is melted. Continue stirring until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir for 1 minute.
Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon, vanilla and pecans.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Syrup can be stored for 2 weeks in refrigerator.
Recipe Note: Vary amount of cinnamon to your taste.
Fireball® is a registered trademark of Sazerac Company and is not affiliated with ACH Food Companies, Inc., ChefTalk.com, or Community Hired.
Copied with permission from our sponsors, Karo Foodservice: http://karofoodservice.com/recipe/Fireball®-Pecan-Pie-Syrup