Makes: 1 Full sheet tray
- 2 pounds, 1-1/2 ounces sugar
- 3 pounds, 2 ounces Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 pounds, 5-1/2 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 1 pound, 5 ounces crispy rice cereal
- 1 pound, 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pound, 8 ounces butterscotch chips
Generously spray sheet pan with cooking spray. Combine sugar and corn syrup in large stock pot. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved and the mixture just begins to boil around the edges. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter, mixing until well combined. Add crispy rice cereal; mix well. Pour into prepared pan; pat into place.
Melt semi-sweet and butterscotch chips over low heat in a large saucepan, stirring frequently. Pour over cookie mixture and spread to edges. Cool for at least 4 hours or refrigerate for 30 minutes to set chocolate. Cut into bars.
Recipe Tip: Almond butter may be substituted for the peanut butter.
Copied with permission from our sponsors, Karo Foodservice: http://karofoodservice.com/recipe/Chocolate-Scotcheroos