Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes: 1.5 quarts
- 1/2 cup Argo® Corn Starch
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed pepper
- OR cayenne pepper
- 1 pint Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 pint soy sauce
- 4 fluid ounces dry sherry
- 2 fluid ounces sesame oil
- 2 fluid ounces rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
Combine corn starch, brown sugar and crushed red pepper in a large saucepan. Add remaining ingredients; stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened to a syrup-like consistency.
Toss with a favorite stir-fry just before serving. Try chicken, pea pods, carrots and onions OR beef and broccoli OR pork, peppers and pineapple. Also delicious as a glaze for grilled meats. Refrigerate sauce for up to 2 weeks.
Gluten Free Modification- Make this tasty sauce with a gluten free soy sauce.
Copied with permission from our sponsors, Karo Foodservice: http://argofoodservice.com/recipe/Asian-Stir-Fry-Sauce